Official Academic Records

The LMU Office of the Registrar houses official academic records. Permanent academic records may contain the following:

  • Name
  • Social Security number or numeric identifier
  • Chronological summary of LMU coursework and grades
  • Transfer credits, special credits (SC), and credits by examination (CE)
  • Degree earned
  • Date(s) degree requirements completed, and degree conferred

Students receive their grades electronically through WebAdvisor. Any student wishing to receive a printed copy of his/her grades must submit a written request to the LMU Registrar’s Office. Any challenge regarding the accuracy of a student’s academic record must be submitted in writing by that student to the Registrar within one year of the term in question.

The student may obtain or have forwarded to designated parties’ copies of his/her academic transcript by submitting a request using the following link: The student may choose to request an electronic transcript or printed transcript. The cost of an electronic transcript is $6.75; the cost of a printed transcript is $10.00. The University cannot transmit any transcripts electronically (FAX). The student’s account with the Finance Office must be paid in full, and Perkins student loans must be in a current non-defaulted status prior to the release of any official grades or academic transcripts.

Student Records

Student grades are recorded, stored, and secured with the Lincoln Memorial University Registrar. All other student records will be maintained in the Office of Admissions and Student Services. The privacy of student records is noted under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), 1974, as amended. Requests from students to have their records released must be made in writing. Verification of enrollment will only be made for educational reasons. For instance, verifications will not be made to employers, landlords, or family members. In these cases, the students should use letters of acceptance, transcripts, or receipts of payment. LMU- DCOM students wishing to review their records must call the Office Admissions and Student Services and make an appointment with the Dean of Students or the Director of Admissions.